Find yourself staring at your babies for hours on end? Take a picture, it will last longer. Here are 5 tips to capture the moment, again, and again.
- Find the best light. The most important part of taking any photo. Ditch the flash and find a spot with beautiful daylight. Direct sun is no-good, find a place the light filters in like through a door or window. Soft, illuminating light is key.
- All about the angles. Get down on their level to get a natural shot that will feel like you’ve entered the baby’s world. Get up close by a longer focal length without having the camera right in babies face. Finally, get shots of people holding him; from over the shoulder or laying the baby back in arms.
- It’s a family thing. Don’t just take photos of your precious bundle, get grandparents, siblings and friends involved too, this will make for a much richer recollection of the time one day as well as providing interesting angles.
- Photograph growth month by the month. Babies grow fast! Capture this progression by placing baby every month in the same setting.
- Accessorise. Have some fun with props! Did you get a beautiful baby bag from Mally? Put it in the shot! This also includes favourite toys, mementos, bedding et al. Document your baby’s world.