Warwick First Lady Cabernet Sauvignon Sticky Wings
Serves six | Preparation time: 10 min | Cooking time: 30 min
- 18 chicken wings
For the glaze
- First Lady Cabernet Sauvignon 1 cup
- White wine vinegar half cup
- Palm sugar half cup
- Cinnamon sticks 3
- Cloves 2
- Cherries 1 cup, pitted
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the blue cheese sauce
- Blue cheese half cup
- Cream 1 cup
For the marinade
- Tomato puree 2 cups
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Garlic 3 cloves, finely grated
- Chinese five spice 1 tbsp
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Small cucumber cucumber, thinly sliced
- Micro leaves and mint
- Start by making the glaze: place all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the glaze is sticky. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the marinade by mixing the ingredients together in a large bowl and toss the chicken wings through to coat well.
- Place the chicken wings over medium heat (preferably a griddle pan or medium heat coals) until cooked through, continuously basting with the glaze until sticky and delicious.
- Place the blue cheese in a small bowl and soften. Stir through the cream and place in a bowl. Arrange the chicken wings on a platter and garnish with the sliced onion, cucumber and micro leaves.